Introducing Webtimeclock Version 3. A Complete Rebuild from the Ground Up.
Today we are excited to announce the release of webtimeclock 3. After nearly 4 years of work, it is our most ambitious product to date. Tons of new features, much needed improvements, and a whole new look.
Our top priority was to keep webtimeclock as easy as possible, while adding more features. To pull this off, we decided not to mess with our existing app, but create a new one.
Since we started in 2003, our purpose has been to bring the employee time clock online. Make it available anywhere. We believe webtimeclock 3 holds that tradition, yet makes it so much better. Data collection is more convenient, and reporting is more productive. We hope you like it.
Our new logo We decided to drop the "W" for a more meaningful mark. If it's not obvious, it's a clock face with a smile instead of clock hands. A happy clock!
Are you an existing customer?
Webtimeclock 3 is an option for you, not a requirement. You are welcome to continue using webtimeclock 2 as long as you want, we'll still support it.
If you are interested in upgrading, please sign up for the free, 15 day trial. It will help you decide whether to switch or not.
If you do decide to upgrade, we won't be able transfer your data. However, we're more than happy to keep your old account available at no charge. Contact support for details.
So how is it different? Here are some (not all) of the features and improvements. In no particular order.
- Job tracking Employees are now assigned to a job, as well as a department. Instead of department transfer, you can allow employees to clock in on different jobs, or switch jobs during the day.
- Universal web app clocking You no longer need to buy special hardware. Turn any device into a time clock. Tablets, phones, desktops or laptops. Employees clock in using a 4 digit pin number.
- Geolocation If desired, you can require employees to record their GPS coordinates each time they clock in or out. Works with web clocking, app clocking, and text clocking. You can view a map of that location in the manager.
- Date range reporting You can now run reports on any date range you wish.
- Timecard approvals Timecards can be approved by multiple administrators or supervisors, and by the employee. Timecards can also be locked from any further edits.
- Telephone clocking The system recognizes the calling phone. If it's a team phone, the employee is asked to enter their PIN number. If it's the employee's phone, no PIN number is needed.
- Text clocking The system recognizes the employee's texting phone number. No need to enter a PIN number. If you want, employees can be required to verify their GPS location.
- Time off accruals PTO, vacation, and sick hours can now be accrued daily over a year. Or by number of hours worked. Both in real time.
- IP securityWe've simplified how employees are limited to IP addresses. If an employee is outside their approved network, they can still log in, but won't be able to clock in or out. Instead they will be alerted why.
- Custom Pay Period - Along with weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly periods, you can now select a custom date range.
- Audit reporting Clocking events and edits are permanently recorded. We now have special reports that detail what happened, when, and by whom. Making webtimeclock DCAA compliant.